Sunrigen’s primary focus is:
- Small communities / Townships across Canada and USA
- Remote and Aboriginal communities across Canada and USA
Remote Communities and Townships
We classify remote communities as those communities that cannot rely on central power grids. These include communities and Townships in Northern and Central Ontario. Remote off grid communities are more affected by the price of oil, as in many cases diesel fuel is the only alternative for power generation. Expensive transportation of fuel to these communities magnifies the effect of this dependency.
These remote and rural projects require:
- Fully funded solutions,
- Ease of installation, including compatibility with diesel or grid requirements,
- Ease of maintenance and operation,
- Ease of delivery and installation.
By integrating wind, solar, fuel cells, utility-grade battery storage and power quality, bio-mass waste-to-energy, and hydro technologies, Sunrigen Green Energy can build and manage a cost-effective micro-grid to enable sustainable energy independence that can create jobs and other economic development opportunities for the community.